Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Semicolon P

So...recently, I've found myself turning emoticons into actual words in my every day vocab. The top of my list has to be sadface. I'm not sure when it started, but for some reason I find it more powerful to say "sadface" instead of actually using the sad face icon. Occasionally, I'll throw in the more complicated ones like winkface and winkPface, but mostly it's the simple ones like happyface, sadface, and moneyface. Does this mean I'm feeling nostalgic and reverting back to the time before instant messaging ruled all? Or does it mean texting has now taken over my reality and my worlds a colliding in a Matrixy coma state style of confusion?!

For now, I think it's cute so I'll keep doing it, but one thing is for certain - the moment I start LOLZing out loud instead of actually laughing out loud someone must put me down.

No comments: