Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hannah’s Hoedown Heals

I watched the Hannah Montana movie last night. What can I say? It was a rough week. Despite the anticipated ridiculousness of various plot points it was overall a very humorous, upbeat movie and it did make me feel better.

Every protagonist struggle in Disney movies are basically identical, but in the simplicity of the formula is the appeal. We love the characters, they speak to us and you can rest assured things will always work out in the end. Aside from the fame, I can not say I find myself relating to Hannah all that much, but I certainly empathize with the heartache and struggle of figuring out who you are while trying to win the heart of a cowboy. Who doesn’t, really?

Last night Hannah reminded us to never forget our roots and who we really are. The movie also reminded me that I never want to live on a farm, although I am pretty sure this was unintentional.

Disney moral #2*: When life starts to get crazy, take the time to regain perspective with the help of those who truly love you. Magically, the world is not as scary as you might have thought and you can now overcome anything. Also repetitive, cheesy and purely addictive music never hurts.

P.S. we all really need to learn the moves to this Hoedown Throwdown. Trust me, just do it.

*Disney moral #1 has to do with Disney royalty struggling to get back the throne.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spring said...

This may not surprise you but I already know the Hoedown Throwdown. (:
& I cried a couple times in the Hannah Montana movie..that should make you feel better.
Love you Steph!

Melinda said...

So true. Leave it to Hannah to help explain life. It's The Climb.

Janell said...

Seein' how I struggle with the bunny hop, I think I'll leave the Hoedown Throwdown to the professionals.