Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Luftmensch

Luftmensch: an impractical contemplative person having no definite business or income.

Oh to be a luftmensch, a luftballon if you will, floating through life without a care at hand – free of any obligation and all things mundane or tiresome. At times I imagine how it might feel to be so completely insouciant and not responsible for or to anything, anyone. How enticing to embrace only all things sweet and simple, those pure joys of life…ahh hot air balloons. I can almost feel the breeze between my toes as my body drifts above the frenzied world, no restraints of time or destination. Feeling lackadaisical, enjoying unabridged breaths with pure freedom in my grasp, all troubles below disappearing and then…oh wait, there’s a DSW*! At that very moment I’m brought back down, quickly reminded how much I enjoy other things in life, like shoes. With this simple recognition a rush of other thoughts enter the picture like how I need money to buy them and that I need a job to have money so I can buy them. Hm. Welp I guess aspirations of a luftmensch will have to remain in my dreams. Truth told, it’s not so bad to have both feet on the ground...in a great pair of heels, and as it goes, “we’ll all float on okay” anyway.

Luftmensch: word of the day – state of my heart.

*For men folk who may not know, DSW is one of the most amazing shoe stores of all time.

4 comments:

Wendi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendi said...

I recently discovered DSW. It truly is shoe heaven. Especially for someone like me, with large feet. Before finding DSW, it was SO hard to find cute shoes my size.

Lizzy said...

let me remind you that we are 2 peas in a pod and that i can read all your abstract blog thoughts like a book. ha

Gavin said...

Yeah for German words!